Tuesday, September 02, 2008

D4

It's 8:15 and I'm seriously getting ready for bed. FYI.. in the midst of potty training is not the time to skip your mid-day coffee!!!

I'm tired of talking about/thinking about/worrying about poop/pee. It really was a good day, but I"m tired of detailing it and rehashing it. Both kids pooped on the potty.. amidst accidents. I will spare you the oh so boring details.

It was 90 degrees again today... supposedly it's going to be in the 70s the rest of the week thus introducing us to an abrupt fall. I'm jonesing to turn over the kids' wardrobes.. don't ask me why.. it's part of the seasonal change I guess... brings on the next step.. I don't know.. it's just something I like to do.

Tom is in Germany now - he was in London. I love hearing from him and talking to him, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of his trip this time around. He called from a lake side eatery in Friedrichshaufen (no clue how to spell that and too lazy to look it up). He told me where he was and what he was doing and - as I always do - I responded, "I'm in Madison, Wi, it's 90 degrees and I was just about to mop the floors." I have a really sweet gig here don't get me wrong, but I am insanely jealous right now... I want to be in Europe! ha ha

Anyway... we had a lot of fun today.. here are some photos.

We made crowns and the kids put stickers on them. The activity only took about 2 mins, but they loved it and wore the crowns off and on all day. I'm looking for things to do around the house that I can do w/ them and not want to slap myself silly bc it's so boring! ha

Jason saying CHEESE for the camera
Photobucket

Photobucket

Sharing the monkey bars
Photobucket

Playing in mommy and daddy's room before naps. (Why do I look so disgustingly tan... I haven't been in the sun that much since training ended.)
Photobucket
Note that Jason got in on the nail painting today. :)

1 comment:

  1. have you tried shaving cream painting? Not for potty training, just something to do around the house. You can add paint or just do shaving cream. Kids love it! Good job on sticking with the training. They will get it and you WILL be able to leave the house for hours again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete