Saturday, May 10, 2008

OMG!

Mama Marie tried to kill me today! Today was one big workout. I met the TNT crew at 8:30am for a stretching and strength/core clinic then ran about 30 mins easy w/ them. Went home for about 1.5 hour then went out on my bike. I rode the Capital City trail to get an hour in before Marie and I headed out for a two hour ride (which turned into a 3 hour ride b/c it was uberhilly). Her husband Chris had mapped a route for us out to Mt. Horeb. For those of you that are local... if you wish to go to Mt. Horeb DRIVE! Oh my god that was the hilliest bike ride I've ever done. It was non stop and relentless. What was to be a nice easy three hour endurance ride turned out to be a real ass kicker! :)

Marie was a total rock star though... she plodded along and made it up all those hills and made it look easy. This is only her third ride out! AMAZING! Nice work Mama Marie. She's also kicking my ass in fundraising... she got a $50 donation online and has a $250 check in the mail. I need to get my letters out.

Here's this year's fundraising website for those of you that KNOW you will FOR SURE be getting a letter. Basically... if you are reading this you will be getting one so you may as well pony up now so you don't forget later. :)

http://pages.teamintraining.org/wi/chitri08/lmount

I'm off to eat my weight in whatever food I can get my hands on. Advantage numero uno of riding your bike for 4 hours: 1670 calories burned, 60% fat. BRING It ON!

Have to give quick props to Mr. Mom... Tom was home w/ the kids all day by himself and didn't even complain when I got home. I'm usually rather whiney when he rolls home.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Good Lord, I'm tired just reading about your bike ride!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Good Lord, I'm tired just reading about your bike ride!!!!

    ReplyDelete