Thursday, December 13, 2007

Critters?

This is weird and I'm not even sure why I'm posting about it....

Last night before I went to bed I put 2 cups of Almonds in water to soak over night so I could make almond milk in the a.m. When I do this I just leave it sit on my counter over night (probably not anymore though). I woke up this morning and all but about 4 almonds were GONE... VANISHED... never to be seen again. I stood staring at the bowl perplexed. The only thing I can figure is that a critter came in the dog door in the middle of the night and scarfed down all the almonds... one critter? 2 cups? Maybe two critters. I felt around the bowl and there was no water... but it was a bit grainy. Maybe some spillage that dried in the dry winter air over night? But they didn't touch the huge basket of fruit on the counter... squirrels?? Do they not eat fruit? Could this be? It's the only explanation I can come up w/. Maybe I need a critter cam like you see on AFV?

Any other theories out there?

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, that sounds like critters...rats probably...

    They didn't get the fruit because they had just eaten two cups of almonds! They were full! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why? Why would you do that? Why would you suggest that rats were sitting on my kitchen counter feasting on almonds... or sitting on my counter at all.. why? Why? WHY? did you put that thought in my head! YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! No more almonds on the counter! :) I saw a mouse in our garage once. Cooper thought it was awesome, because he thought we had gotten him a new pet. I screamed and chased it out of the garage. Ummm . . . why don't you just make Pheobe sleep in the kitchen one night and stand guard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rats??? yuck! Maybe it was raccoons. It's a mystery! Weird. Has it happened since?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:12 PM

    Maybe it was Phoebe? I'm going to choose that answer... rats are too gross. iicccckkk!!!

    If you did have rats, I think you'd notice the poop and hear them. I do know that squirrels eat pumpkins -- most Halloween pumpkins get eaten down by them up here.

    ReplyDelete