Thursday, June 08, 2006

6/8/06 36 weeks

It's amazing the perspective that putting over 50 lbs on your frame can give you.... I present my 9 week photo:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And for comparison my 36 week photo:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

DAMN! I wish you could see my hands better in the 36 week shot... I just can't believe how swollen they are. My wedding ring BARELY fits on my huge fat bloated pinkie finger! And I wish that early on we had been taking pics w/ my head in them so I could see what my face used to look like. I'm excited to get rid of this moon pie face that is staring back at me in the mirror.

I can't believe that in the 9 week shot I was in the "I could stand to lose a few pounds" mind set... I would kill to look like that again after these kids are evicted! I hope I get some semblance of my former self back. I've already been warned to keep my expectations in check in that department.. that though I may achieve my pre-pregnancy weight all things will be redistributed. :) Maybe I'll at least get to keep the boobs for a little while. I'm just hoping to get some flatness back to my stomach! I can handle some extra giggle to the skin, but I don't want a big ol' pooch! ha! ;) Ah the vanity sets in! Good thing I'll have two babies to keep my mind off what I look like! I guess right now I'll settle for losing the bloat in my face.

We'll see if I'm brave enough to take any post partum pics of my "twin" belly. Maybe w/ a shirt and my girdle on! ha ha! Oh wait.. the girdle was going to be my secret so you would all think I was amazing.. oh well.. you guys already know the truth anyway! :)

Getting excited to meet the babies and truthfully I can't imagine keeping them in there any longer than another week. They are getting bigger - I can tell b/c I'm bumping them into EVERYTHING all of a sudden. I hit BB (baby boy) in the head w/ the gate yesterday.. poor thing! And rolling over has become an Olympic event for me. After each roll I have a contraction at which time BB tries to nestle into my ribs... and oh does that just feel GREAT!

Anyway.. only SIX days to go... I'll be in surgery this time six days from now.. AHH!!!

All is ready and waiting for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment