Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Last big week.. Kicking my ...

So I made a big mistake and ate dark DARK chocolate around 8:30pm last night. This caused me to toss and turn till .. I have no idea when, but it wasn't comfortable. Heart pounding mind spinning.. just wishing I would fall asleep. Of course we still have at least one kid come to our bed every night.. yes STILL! So my sleep SUCKED and I felt LESS than rested when I woke up. I was not at all excited about going to do my speed work out .. on the dreadmill. I was so frustrated with myself because I caused this lack of energy.. damn chocolate. This is the first time this entire training session that I've really dreaded a work out so I guess I should just be happy about that.

I dragged myself (and the kids) to the gym and slugged it out. I managed to do 8x800 at 7:30. I wanted to do 7:20s, but it just wasn't going to happen. I did a 400 running slowly between each 800 and walked the 400 at the halfway point. I was reminded by one of my WI training 'partners' that this sort of work out was mental.. that I could do it and that it was good mental training for race day.. It's going to be hard, but I'm not going to quit. So I just kept making myself focus on that. And I wore my Lk Stevens 70.3 shirt so I could see that mDot staring back at me in my reflection to remind myself that this is just the beginning of my season. I have many fun things ahead... to include another shot at the 70.3.

I was SO wiped out after this workout that I put a video in and snoozed on the couch (w/ two toddlers climbing on me) while they watched tv... then had a cup of coffee when I got up.

I felt much better after the nap and half caff coffee. Then it was make dinner then off to the Bethel Tri Club meeting. I stayed for an hour to chat some people up and find out where folks are racing this year. It's looking like I might be doing The Timberman in New Hampshire in August and will do the Rev3 Oly to get my feet wet in the sport again since it's been a long while since I last raced. I'd rather go race where some team mates are going to be than do it all by myself. Besides I've never been to New Hampshire and Tom and I want to see as much as the New England states as we can before we - eventually - return to the PNW.

After my quick jaunt at the meeting I beat feet to swimming. I SWAM 2700 yards. TWENTY SEVEN HUNDRED. Granted it was mostly w/ flippers and there was quite a bit of kicking (which is great after an ass kicking speed work out), but DAMN!!! I worked for it too! The surprising thing is that I WANTED to go to swimming. I didn't have to drag myself there kicking and screaming the whole way. I willing went and jumped right in and swam swam swam. I got some great pointers from the coach and am hopeful that things will come along in the next 3 months!

Okay... off to bed. Please God let me get a good nights rest. (I left the rest of the chocolate in the freezer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment