Thursday, January 21, 2010

Flippers!!!

I think I found the answer to my swimming woes! I love swimming now.. WITH FLIPPERS! I don't swim the whole workout w/ flippers, but swimming w/ flippers does two things. 1. it gives me confidence b/c I'm not the SLOWEST swimmer in the world w/ them and 2. it gives me the ability to focus on my arms and technique w/o all the high cardio I get from trying to kick and the negative (I'M THE SLOWEST SWIMMER IN THE WORLD) talk.

I'm getting some good feedback from the swim coach and it seems to finally be sinking in because REALLY it's the same stuff that Coach Chris has been telling me for years. I swear it's the flippers allowing me to think and concentrate more! There is hope that I can be the second to last slowest swimmer in the world!

I completed 2800 yards yesterday. I can't believe it! That kind of yardage is unheard of in my swim world. Not in 1hour and 15 mins anyway. I'm happy with that ... even if I cheated and used flippers. I'll take what I can get now.

I took my first spin class at the new gym yesterday too. The lady got right to it and left me begging for cool down so despite the fact that their bikes are kinda ghetto and I really missed my spinning buddy Marie it was a good ride and I was SO GLAD to not be running! Tri season is upon us folks. Time to mix it up.

I also registered for The North Face Challenge 13.1 in Bear Mountain, NY. 13.1 miles of trails on May 9th. Anyone care to join me?

2 comments:

  1. Hi - I just found your blog through Jennifer's. I am from Madison. I really like that you have your goals posted on the blog template - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have anything specific to say about flippers, but just wanted to say hi! Looks like you're really in your groove in CT! I've heard the Bear Mountain area is beautiful - happy training!

    ReplyDelete