Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The last big week before Miami

I'm in the midst of my last big week before the Miami Marathon. So far so good. Mom and dad left (as Marie put it... my SAG wagon has left the building) so it's going to be A LOT of treadmill running for me! Hopefully not the 20, but probably all the week day runs. I would be outside running on this gloriously crip and sunny afternoon if I wasn't waiting for the inspection guy to come look at my furnace. Why did I schedule this while the kids were in school? Damn it! Guess we'll be hitting the treadmill after school! I'm feeling good again.. though I definitely over did it yesterday w/ P90X, 10 mile run then my first swim session in over a year... I'm feeling it. My legs are also wrecked from some heavy weight training on Sunday. It's all good. Shorty easy run today and then TRACK workout ... on the mill on Wed and a nice day off on Thursday.

Swimming went so much better than I thought it would. The big bonus was that we got to use flippers!!! The coaches theory is that you need to master the technique before you put the legs in play. I'm down w/ that! It's hard to work technique when you are just trying to keep moving forward. We did do some pulling too so it's not all lost. The good news is my shoulders aren't screaming today so I didn't drag myself along using my shoulder muscles. Got some back in there! I like the group and the coach was helpful. Two days a week for the next 12 weeks then ... ???

Tri training officially begins in a few weeks, but I won't be getting on the trainer until after Miami... I'll have plenty of time to reintroduce my cheeks to the 'butt callous".

Off to try to be productive while the kiddos are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment