Thursday, April 10, 2008

green smoothie tweak

I tweaked my green smoothie based on a recipe in Brendan Brazier's book THRIVE (GREAT BOOK!!!)

Green Power Smoothie
1.5 cups water
1.5 handfuls spinach
2 bananas
4 dates
1/2 T coconut oil
2 T Hemp powder
1 large T flax seeds (if you don't have a high speed blender use ground)
1 T cocao nibs
1 T cocao powder
juice of one small lemon

YUM!

I used this as a 'recovery' drink today, but would be good for prework out as well.. for the 2 hours plus work outs. It provides both carbs and fat for the fat burning zone work out. :)

3 comments:

  1. So would you recommend this smoothie if you were going to work out and not for regular everyday use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT depends. I'm guessing it's pretty calorie dense, but it's all good stuff. If you were using it more as a meal instead of a snack it would be fine, but then again.. you are nursing and have three kids so it's all good! ;) And it would depend on how much you ate... you should try it w/ the kids, but not right before bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think I could just get on the Mount meal plan? You could make me smoothies and jog them up to me at work. I could swing by and pick up my dinner on my way home. I don't seem to have time for any sort of meal planning lately....which is probably not helping that training plan I'm supposed to be on.

    ReplyDelete