Friday, April 25, 2008

Diapers and willful children

So I'm am full bore clothe diapering, but I was put to the test on day one. On Jason's first day in his new diaper we all hit the gym. After my two hour work out I thought I better check the diapers before we got in the car to head home. Jason had been sitting on Jill's lap when I came in - she says she can smell poop a mile away - well not today. I almost stuck my finger in this poop of the century. eek! Into the bathroom we went. I was getting 'prepped' for the change and I looked down and saw some poop on the floor. I thought, "excellent he's put his hands in it." I checked his hands and nothing. that's when I knew I was in for it. I got him up on the changing table and ever so gently removed his pants. Thankfully the diaper had contained 99% of it all, but it had gotten on his pants a bit... and OH MY GOD... it was the biggest poop ever. I tried to get it into the toilet, but to no avail. I got to take the whole mess w/ me. Might need to cut down on the green smoothies! ha They both proceeded to poop their brains out that day. I guess they just feel that much more comfy in their new diapers. I'm persevering and it's okay. On earth day I asked Tom what he did to celebrate and told him that I played in poo all day. NICE!

Our new washer and dryer showed up, BUT they forgot to order the brackets for stacking so we couldn't stack them and the space we have for them upstairs isn't quite deep enough to hold them. Thankfully our contractor was here when they were delivered and he thinks he might be able to figure something out. On top of this our electrical box couldn't handle adding another line so earlier that day an electrician came by and replace the new line for the dryer w/ the old one... so my old dryer is no longer hooked up. So they put the new dryer upstairs and plugged it in. They took my old dryer. The new washer is sitting upstairs, but is not hooked up. So now I wash my clothes in the basement and dry them upstairs... not quite what I had in mind, but we're getting there.

Jason is so willful I'm about to throw myself in front of a bus. He MUST do everything himself... in his way and on his time. EEK! I'm dying over here. He is also into E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!!

Lily is talking up a storm and is still talking about cows pooping from our trip to the farm. I am so amazed at their memory these days. Jason is still talking about feeding the lamb at the farm.. I'm GLAD he's not talking about the dog bite at the farm... good memories good memories.

Okay.. must go. Have lots to get done in short amounts of nap time. B/c GOD FORBID I try to clean the kitchen or fold laundry on JASON'S time! ha

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the diaper mess but kudos for sticking with it. I guess at some point, you just have to throw your arms in the air and laugh. Hang in there! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete