Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Swimming



I had some aha moments in swim last night. Things really feel like they are coming together and things the coach Chris in Madison would tell me are finally clicking. Like, "OH THAT'S what he meant when he told me to do that!", and "OH, that's what that was supposed to feel like!!" Three years later... not too bad. ha ha

I got bumped up to a faster lane last night and man I felt good about that. One of the guys (fyi, the lane was all guys and I kept up WITHOUT flippers) even said, "Go ahead you are faster than me!" REALLY he said that.. out loud. I almost had to shake the water out of my ears to be sure I heard him correctly!

I finally got my elbow position in the right place last night. Oh, this is what the finger tip drill was suppose to teach me!! I also finally started feeling my catch and really feeling like I'm making contact w/ the water and pulling myself through!

I'm actually feeling some power in my stroke. The number of strokes it takes me to get from one end to the other actually went down by TWO strokes from last Wed w/ some minor adjustments last night! This is huge for me. I've been struggling w/ this!

Last night as I was telling Tom about this I was so thankful to have triathlon, running, and swimming. SO thankful that I have a husband that understands and affords me the opportunity to train, practice and race! It felt so good to feel like I was improving at something! Improving at something that I do JUST FOR MYSELF!

To all my mom friends out there.. find your thing. The thing that brings you joy and MAKE MAKE MAKE the time for it. Having something outside of my mom role to really put the time in and excel at is HUGE for my happiness and satisfaction in life! H-U-G-E!

4 comments:

  1. You go girl! Great to see you improving at the swimming, especially considering I know how much you hated and dreaded it when you started. :) You're going to rock some races this year, for sure, by strengthening that "weak link."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Great to see you improving at the swimming, especially considering I know how much you hated and dreaded it when you started. :) You're going to rock some races this year, for sure, by strengthening that "weak link."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just have to love those breakthrough moments! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If those things were clicking for you, I think you'll really start to see consistent improvement now. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete