Wednesday, February 15, 2006

2/15/06 19 weeks 6 days - the BIG ultrasound

The ultrasound went great.. it was so much fun to see those little babies in there squirming around. They really did put on a show for us!!

They looked at Baby A first and all the while Baby B stayed in it's little corner, but when it was time to check out Baby B, Baby A started punching Baby B in the face as if to say, "hey, I'm the star of this show, come back over here."

They were moving a ton, but gave the u/s tech everything she needed.. 20 fingers and toes! :) We saw the four chambers of both hearts, their little tummys and bladders.. their kidneys... well EVERYTHING! It took about 1.5 hours and about 20 mins in I felt like I was going to pass out! Thankfully the tech let me kind of lay on my side and all was well after...

And of course the genders...we are BLESSED to be having one of each.. one perfect little boy and one perfect little girl! We are thrilled.

When she said Baby A is a boy I started thinking... "would I do this again just to try for a girl?" then when she showed that Baby B is a girl I GASPED - literally out loud - and almost cried. I'm so happy! We've waited so long and I guess I was just hesitant to think that we would get exactly what we wanted... though I would be happy with whatever.. this is perfect! :)

Hopefully now we can move on from the names Jimothy and Bobert (sorry Tom) and get serious about naming these little ones!

Here's some pictures of my ALMOST 20 weeks belly!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment