Tuesday, February 14, 2006

2/14/06 19 weeks 5 days

Happy Valentines Day!

I'm back from the OB.. and thankfully we heard two nice strong heartbeats... one at 160 and one at 156. I weighed in at 166lbs (GASP!) that makes for a total weight gain of 22 lbs (DOUBLE GASP!) ... guess I will have no problem hitting that 24lbs by 24 weeks huh? I'll post a picture tomorrow so you can see for yourself!

I asked the doc about the sharp burning pain I have been getting at the top of my belly just to the left and she said it's normal. It's a ligament that holds my liver in place getting stretched by my belly growth. The good news is it goes away almost instantly after the babies are born.

I also asked her about some contractions I've been getting if I walk to far.. she said that I'm at the point in the pregnancy where I'm going to have to really listen to my body and scale back when that happens. She said the real critical point will come between 24 and 28 weeks. I'll need to really scale back and take it easy during that month because of my risk for preterm labor (because of the twins) and that if the babies were delivered during that month technology could keep them alive, but it's hard to say what the quality of that life would be. So after my trip to Seattle - I'll be 24.5 weeks when I return - I will be RELAXING! :)

Everything went well and I can't wait to see the little buggers tomorrow. They were moving around a lot while the nurse was using the doppler so now I know what it really does feel like to feel them move.. GAS! ha ha

I'm sticking w/ my guess of two boys and Tom is sticking w/ his guess/hope of one of each. I have no real reasoning behind my guess.. well I guess the lowish heartrates makes me think boy... and the fact that we THINK we saw a penis.. and since their heartrates are so close together all the time the old wives tale would indicate the same gender.. ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment