Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Don't have to look far for INSPIRATION!

I teach Cycling at a local gym. It's so fun! I mentioned that Rev3 is Running Across America last week and a lot of people came up to me after class to tell me how amazing this was or to tell me that I am certifiably insane. :) They asked a lot of questions about the logistics and the training and that was that.

This week after class I was on the floor doing some strength training and a couple named John and Lois approached me. They are fairly new to my class so this was the first time I was really talking to them. John wanted to tell me that he looked up the run online and was impressed and thankful. He lost both his sister and his best friend many years ago when they were all in their late 20s.

Doors are opening and connections are being made because of this run. It makes me feel even more motivated to get out there and train, to work out the logistics and to ask.. over and over for your generous contributions to this cause. I know that each of you has had an experience with cancer whether directly or indirectly.

Please share your stories if you wish! And stay tuned for opportunities to get even more involved in this crazy adventure! We want everyone to feel like they are part of this. We are ALL in a battle against cancer whether we like it or not!


6 comments:

  1. Stories like that put a face to what you are doing! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 PM

    I agree with Miss Zippy, those moments are what push you out the door for your 3rd run of the day.

    This is only the beginning. Can't wait to see how it unfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I f'ing hate cancer. I don't hate things, but I HATE cancer. It just took the life of my good friend's dad and before that, my best friend's mom. I really want to donate to this - gotta scrounge up some money. Thank you Laura and if you need some more inspiration in your training, think of all the people who have cancer and can't run. Run for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do Megan!! I do! Thank you for sharing!! I will do some miles for your friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My story with cancer is quite simple. I lost my aunt before she was 50 and I was not even a teenager. Then a week before his 50th birthday I lost my Dad. I had just graduated from college when cancer struck and in about a year our family lost him. Just prior to Thanksgiving and so when the holidays roll around each year as great as they are I have a different perspective now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason.. I'm so so sorry to hear about your loss! I can't even begin to imagine!!! HUGE BIG hug to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete