Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In the sound again

Survived another open water swim in the Long Island Sound. Thank GOD it wasn't nearly as cold as it was last week. I wasn't really believing Nicole when she told me the water had actually been 'nice' earlier in the week.

As always humbled by the swim, but gained my confidence as the work out went on. After a nice warm up and some aerobic work we did some anaerobic stuff. We all gathered at a buoy then the coach said, "go!" and we were to race to the shore like we were exiting the water in a race... RUN out of the water to the lifeguard bench and do 5 push ups then run back into the water and sprint to the buoy like we were starting a race. We did this 5 times and it was my favorite (near death) part of the swim. (maybe it was bc it wasn't all swimming??). It got my ass in gear and got me fired up to be able to finish out the work out w/ a bit more strength in my stroke. I felt much more confident after that exercise. Maybe I can be a triathlete again. Maybe I can find the fire inside me.

I've been riding more now too and I LOVE the bike!! :) Thank God I met my friend Nicole! It feels good to have a goal and a schedule again. It definitely keeps the crazy in check! I'm the type of person that just has to work out... two work outs a day... even better! :) I'm now doing the P90X and the endurance together and my muscles are feeling it in a good way. Now that mom and dad are here it's going to be easier to be consistent w/ the endurance piece of that puzzle.

It's late and I'm worked over from back, biceps and ab ripper topped off w/ an open water swim. (back weights plus swimming might not be my best approach, but that's how you get stronger right)....

Now to sleep, and let's hope I sleep past 6am tomorrow. Who knew that taking my watch off and not putting it back on would make me get up earlier. I'm not sure what's up, but I can't go back to sleep after my initial wake up anymore. I used to wake up, look at my watch, think I'm not getting up THAT early, and roll over and go back to sleep and wait for the kids to wake me up. Now I wake up, look over, see Jason and Lily laying there, close my eyes, maybe doze a bit, then think, "I have no idea what time it is and if I lay here I might not get just a few moments of quiet w/ my coffee bc it might just be 7:30a and they might must wake up any minute.", then I get up put my contacts in etc and go downstairs to discover that DAMN it it's not quite 6am and I already have my contacts in.. no turning back now. So I just stay up. It IS really nice to have a nice quiet cup of coffee (or two... come on it's EARLY) or get a work out in before it's "GAME ON" time, but sheesh... I used to have to be blasted out of bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment