Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays!





We had a fabulous low key Christmas. The kids had a blast playing w/ all of their new toys and eating their dinosaur cake... they EVEN took naps. :) Amazing... especially considering all the sugar in the cake!

I had a great birthday and was able to get in a birthday run. Eight miles in the snow. :) I'm happy to be on track for my 1/2 marathon training.. okay.. so I've only been at it for a week. I'm to run 'long' tomorrow - uh, I ran long yesterday. We'll see what I can pull out tomorrow. I'm hoping to run w/ some friends... if they run slow enough I might be able to get all my miles in, but if they are a bunch of speedsters I'll settle for whatever I can complete. :)

Hope you all had a great day yesterday and are looking forward to 2009! The new year is my favorite time of year. So many things to think about and plan for. I've put up my rough draft of my race season... to be approved still so we'll see. I'm registering for two (Seabrook and Door County) next week so they are final anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Happy Birthday Laura!!! I am glad you all had such a wonderful Christmas! The kids are so cute and I love those monkey pjs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tutus - I see both kids got one? Great new header photo! It's about time you updated that. :-) Good looking race schedule! That should keep you busy. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday! So why did you make the kids dinosaur cakes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, both kids got a tutu.. keep it even man. :) ha ha The kids requested dinosaur cakes from Santa... so that's what he brought them. :)

    ReplyDelete