Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My name is Mommy!

Jason has taken to calling my MommY instead of mama. It's so cute! :)

I was thinking last night about how different my life is now and how much happier I am. I certainly am not who I once thought I was .... where did I get the idea that I was a cut throat business woman.. I so am NOT! I really enjoy the flexibility of my current gig... well, flexibility around the kid's nap schedule (as loosely as I can use that term these days!) I'm so lucky to be able to be home w/ them... and hopefully when the time comes I will be able to work part time long term so I can continue to be there for them. :)

Here are some pics. Lame post I know.. sorry. Kiddos are upstairs NOT taking their nap so I think we're going to get out for a walk then try again. We've got to take advantage of this weather before it turns too cold for mama to get her mind around.

Got Milk? We've been trying different nut milks in my new kitchen gadget... the VITAMIX (love this thing). It makes the smoothest yummies smoothies.:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We went to the zoo for halloween (on the 21st.. it was so crowded that we just hit the park after about 5 mins.) I totally lamed out and didn't buy them halloween costumes or put much effort into it. These are buntings that Pat and Joan gave us at our shower. Jason is a bear and Lily is a kitty. :) Only a few crappy photos from the zoo so I won't even post them... it's hard to take pics and watch the kids. ha

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here are our friends - Marie (mom), Charlotte "Coco" (the cow), and Kate (the flower). Side note: Coco is Jason's new favorite word.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The kid's new obsession is Crackers!!! here they are BEGGING me for yet another cracker.. they do this many times a day. I'm not sure if they really want the cracker or they just like to carry them around. I think Phoebe eats most of them.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We are busy firming up plans for my trip to Portland, Or in February. I'm so excited... yes, it's months away, but that's how I do things. ha :) I'm planning to bring Lily (most likely, could end up being Jason) ... it will be hard to be away from one of the babies for a week, but I know it's good for all of us. I can't believe Tom goes away for weeks at a time. No wonder he is always asking me if I'm showing them his picture and making sure they don't forget him.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    So cute! They are precious and I love the "got milk" pictures. Classic! I, too, am Mommy and I love it! And isn't it funny how you now plan months in advance for a trip when we used to could just go on the fly somewhere whenever we wanted. Times have changed but for the better, I think : ) Enjoy those sweeties today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the other day how my life was not at all what I thought it was going to be - especially with #3 pending. But i definitely wouldn't change it! I too have a vitamix (well similar) and love it. I can't wait to see you guys in February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A one baby trip? where will the other one be? Sounds neat though... Isn't it funny how "flexible" is so different now? While I do miss spontaneous dates, I much prefer the middle of the day flexibility built into SAHM-dom... plus the added benefit of being the most influential person in my kiddos' lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea, spontaneity takes on a new meaning huh? :) The 'other' kid will be staying in Madison and my mom will be here to watch him or her... then a week after we get back we'll all (mom, kids and I) drive down to Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when they start making decisions about what to call you. When Cooper yells for me from far away, he says, "Mama Julie." We better enjoy these nicknames before they hit the teen years, huh? :) Glad you are getting away to the Northwest! And Texas! Are we a stop on your way down? Hope so!!

    ReplyDelete