Monday, January 19, 2009

Practice makes perfect and the winter days

I looked over at Lily's coloring today and this is what I saw:




I couldn't believe how well she was staying in the lines. This seems to have happened over night. She's been trying to do it for a while, but just did it today. Wow. They are growing up so fast (I say this a lot I know).

As you know it's been bitterly cold here so we've been going around to various indoor locations to play. Here are some pics from our adventures.










Lily is doing great without her pappies and is loving her Pinkie Poodle Puppy that that Pappy fairy brought her. Jason spends a lot of time correcting Lily's speech and they both spend a lot of time reminding each other and their animals about the rules. :) We are all very much looking forward to heading south in March.

We got new insulation just before the deep deep freeze and it made a huge difference in the first day. I can't wait to see what our gas bill is. Hopefully less... though w/ the deep deep freeze it might be a wash. We'll see.

I'm training for a half marathon in March and am VERY happy to be training and to have a goal. I registered for another 1/2 ironman in Door County, Wi and am very excited to be training w/ both Team in Training and a tri group I'm LOVING... Amy's Playgroup!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 PM

    So proud of Lily's coloring. She has been trying so hard. The pic of Jason with the wings looks like he is saying "boy I wish I had some guy friends" Can't wait to see you all in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure you have enough races on your calendar...going to europe in Sept. is no excuse for no race that month. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I know! :) I had a sprint tri there, but traded for the Lakefront Marathon.. I should have put that it is tentative. I seem to be planning on lots of running...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:05 PM

    Where do you find indoor playtime in Madison??

    :)

    - A Madison mom looking for a warm place for kids to burn off energy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Madison Mom..

    This is a great resource..
    http://www.momsinmadison.com/madisonkids_inside.html

    We are taking a Keva Class - at the place in Verona (MAC I think it's called) actual Keva is in Middleton and has an open play.

    There are a few miscellaneous other places - that you can find on the moms in madison site.

    ReplyDelete