Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I'm Thankful!

Through this process of trying to conceive I have had a hard time remembering that one day I WILL have a baby.. and when that day comes I don’t want to look back and regret my poor attitude during the PROCESS. It may take me a while, but I will get there and I want to look back on all of it and be happy about the way I handled it and not regret wasting the time in an endless pitty party!

Though I struggle and this process is taking me longer than it takes most I am still working toward the most wonderful goal – which I know I will attain. I am so thankful that I have the ability to freely choose that I will have a child. That I am financially capable of supporting a child, and that I have a husband that stands behind me in the decision to have a child AND stands behind me in the struggles that we face! He is going through this with me and I am not alone!

I am thankful for my family and friends that stand behind me also – my family and friends that listen readily whenever I want to talk about it and encourage me through their words and actions. Family and friends to send prayers and good thoughts my direction.

I am thankful that I have professionals readily available to me that are knowledgeable about this process and willing to help me through this difficult time! I am thankful that I have the resources to fund this help!

I am thankful that God has chosen this opportunity to teach me! I am learning to be patient, kind to myself, more balanced and helpful, to lean on others when I need it, to be more open emotionally, to make myself available to others when they need me and to trust that God will bring me everything I need in time.

As you can tell I am feeling much better. I’m not sure what has done this.. how could the (almost) diagnosis of PCOS make me feel better? I guess I feel like I can do things day to day that could potentially help my endeavor. I am eating better, moving more and keeping up with my supplements. I’m also taking progesterone cream – this could be helping my mood and energy level! I’m feeling better than I have felt in over a year! It’s great!

You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.- Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment