Saturday, August 26, 2006

They sleep

YIPPEE!!!! They slept for the first part of the night in their crib!!!! About 10pm to 2am... then I nursed them and put them in our bed.. :) I nursed them one at a time and was afraid to put one back in that might wake the other.

At 9pm we went upstairs and Tom took Lily out of the sling... she was CRASHED, but she had a cloth diaper on and needed to be changed into a disposable.. he changed her and she didn't even wake up so we put her back to sleep in the crib. I changed and nursed Jason (he did NOT stay asleep) and by 10pm had him rocked to sleep. I put my head on the pillow and turned out the light and, I KID YOU NOT, Lily immediately started to cry. UGH!

I nursed her and she wouldn't settle in our room so I took her in the nursery where their white noise CD was playing and it was really dark. She fell asleep instantly so I put her down in the crib and held my breath! She STAYED asleep. So I went in our room to get Jason - who WOULD NOT close his eyes and go to sleep - and did the same thing, and I'll be damned if it didn't work. I put him down - again holding my breath - and he stayed asleep too! I went back in to our room assuming that they woule both start to wail at the same time about the time I either put my head on the pillow, or drifted off to sleep. I said a little prayer that they would sleep (more like a little BEG.. PLEASE GOD LET THEM SLEEP!!)... and went to bed. I was woken by cries around 2am. I was amazed. Jason even slept for another half hour to hour before he woke to eat!

So... as w/ the 5 to 6 hours of sleep they started getting when Pat and Joan were here, I do not expect a repeat performance tonight, but I'll give it a shot! :)

Here's a cute pic of Jason sleeping on his side this a.m. He kicks me in the back when he's ready for me to wake up and feed him.. I think he just starts stirring before he wakes and he's gotten himself turned around and ends up kicking... a good reason to move them to their crib.. they are getting bigger by the minute!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment